Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year

Gong Xi Fat Coi!! May you have a prosperous year... be filled with health and success.. Chinese New Year is always a fun time.. It's part of our heritage.. and we celebrate it with our family and friends...

My favourite part during Chinese new year is "angpau".. or the red pocket filled with money from our parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles... we have to greet them or we call it "pai-pai" and they give the red pocket in return..

Now that I'm married, I won't be getting any more angpau.. =( saddd... and now is our turn to give angpau to younger brother, sister, niece and nephew... since this is my first year to give angpau, i want to make it more special.. so I decided to make my own red pockets rather that buy one from the shop.. It was to fun to make...


In the next posting, I will describe Chinese New Year hamper that we created for our clients.. Got to go now.. dinner banquet is callingg.... yum yum yum...

0 comments:

Post a Comment